In his last blog post, our CTO Brian Kellner looked at the recently released Microsoft PowerApps. As Brian pointed out, Microsoft PowerApps is a huge step for Microsoft, its customer, and its partners. It empowers business users to quickly create and distribute HTML-based apps based on their needs without having to wait 4-6 months for app development. I totally agree that this increases business agility and empowers business users.
Together we make work better for all employees
For more than a decade, Sitrion has worked closely together with Microsoft, and we’ve always been on the forefront of tuning into Microsoft technology. We started with SharePoint, later Office 365, and now PowerApps. With Sitrion ONE, we provide common workplace routines into a single native experience, aggregating multiple sources (e.g. SAP, Ariba, Concur, O365, SharePoint, Salesforce, etc.) into one productivity stream. All of Sitrion ONE is founded on the Microsoft stack, ranging from Azure to VisualStudio. Now with Microsoft PowerApps, the productivity stream surfaces even more sources like MS Dynamics, MS Exchange, and Dropbox etc. in a native experience.
How do you benefit from the combination?
We know from our more than 5.5 million users that the combination of efficient processes and engaging communication is key to success for you. Instead of having to access dozens of systems, having it pushed to you in one unified experience is a huge value in the following ways:
Make routines and communications easier for desk-based and desk-less workers
- Reaching your employees on their smartphone creates a huge value for your organization—it reduces operational costs and increase employee engagement.
- Share important education, security or compliance instructions via video cards.
- Improve manager efficiency with unified approvals from different systems in one productivity stream.
- Provide the most needed documents in your employee’s work context.
- Push inventory data and provide one-click-confirm to field engineers.
- Learn more about our operational efficiency scenario.
Reach and engage more employees and make communications more impactful
- Instill a two-way dialogue and give all employees a voice by offering commenting, liking, polls, questions and ideation.
- Solicit questions for a town hall meeting.
- Gather ideas and let people vote on the top ideas.
- Offer questions and answers for product, HR, and change related items.
- After an acquisition or in times of organizational change, offer direct contact options via phone, email or via a card.
- Learn more about our corporate communications scenario.
Improve Sales efficiency by decreasing admin time
- By combining ONE and Powerapps, a sales rep receives proactive notifications in one single productivity stream—his “admin” tasks are reduced significantly, increasing data accuracy and overall productivity.
- Get a briefing card prior to a meeting, which contains data from Dynamics and transactional data from SAP.
- Get a check in card. By checking in, ONE writes a record into Dynamics.
- Get a card asking you to do a quick note via “speech to text” (e.g. Siri, Cortana), which then, updates the CRM.
Learn more about our sales efficiency scenario.
Seeing is believing–Take a Sitrion ONE test drive
We have prepared a test drive for you to dive deeper in the benefits of workforce mobility. With just a few clicks, you will be set up and can experience the productivity stream firsthand. Click here to sign up for a Sitrion ONE Test Drive.