See your activity stream in a whole new way with the new Lookout UI in Social Sites 3.0
Yesterday marked an important milestone in our never-ending innovation journey. We announced the latest version of Social Sites – version 3.0 – which includes a new, more productive way to consume information as well as a host of other new features.
What’s even more important about our announcement yesterday though is, in addition to giving you an unprecedented social interface experience called Lookout, we can offer these new features immediately on SharePoint 2010 or the new SharePoint 2013 right out of the box. That means you get the latest, most advanced social features without having to wait.
But Lookout does warrant a bit more explanation to underscore its significance to you, the user. Because, for the first time, you can literally customize your social experience the way you want, create a social dashboard that features just the information important to you and change it anytime you desire. It’s essentially “social your way” and that is meaningful because while as a social computing solutions provider we’ve enjoyed and certainly benefitted from the explosion of social in the enterprise over the past few years, it can be overwhelming to navigate and utilize all of the important new information flowing your way. Lookout helps you focus in an easy-to-use, friendly format.
Below are some of the additional benefits of Lookout:
- A personalized multi-columnar view including easy drag-and drop tiles allows you to personalize your stream to show notifications, recommendations, people, communities, and subjects – information you need, when you need it.
- Robust filtering to intelligently refine what information you receive.
- Social intelligence through recommendation engines, indicating why colleagues and communities are being recommended to you.
- The ability for you to easily integrate high definition video, badging, ideation, Q&A and private messaging into your streams.
- Email integration. Not only can you receive email notifications, you can respond to notifications and conversations in your activity streams via email.
- Visual cues to clearly show you what information is new or unread since you last viewed the stream.
- A new Windows 8-based user interface to provide greater personalization and support for touch-enabled devices.
Lookout for NewsGator Social Sites was built with you in mind. It’s an intelligent and flexible vantage point that you can easily configure to meet your specific needs. You no longer have to worry about missing something in your activity stream or be concerned that you are not viewing the “right” information to help you do your job. Check out this short video to see Lookout in action.
Let us know how you see Lookout helping you manage the daily information in your activity stream by offering a comment – we’d love to hear from you.